Friday, June 7, 2013

Character Interview with Jacob Barnes from In Jen's Words

Today we have Jacob Barnes from In Jen's Words stopping by. Let's get started:

What prompted your run for mayor?
I've lived in Springwood, Ohio all my life, and nothing is the way it used to be. So many changes need to be made to ensure Springwood citizens receive the justice, rights, and full opportunities this city has to offer.

At what point did you realize your sister had a mental illness?
 Sadly, not until she was abducted by Davis Cauley. When he hacked my campaign site, and videotaped Jen as her alter personality took over, it was mind blowing to say the least. Rest assured though, I am seeing to it she receives the full therapy she needs to get through this.

What can you tell us about her other personality(s)?
What can I say about Tammy? She is the full opposite of my sister, everything Jen is not. Vindictive, flirtacious, and very blunt. A lot of other women would call Tammy, and excuse my language, a bitch.

Do you believe your sister in any form had anything to do with the murders?
 It's truly hard for me to believe Jen had any part in any of it. A lot of people are going to say my thoughts are biased, being her older brother, but anyone who knows Jen, from her best friend to her boss, could tell you she would never hurt a fly.

Has there ever been a moment you wish you hadn’t had to take on the responsibilities of your siblings?
No one really wishes for their parents to be killed and have to take on the responsibilities of raising a teenage brother and sister. But I was not about to have them end up in Foster care, even though I was pretty young myself. I did what needed to be done, and I will never regret it.

How do you juggle running a campaign and dealing with the family issues?
 Luckily I have a great team helping me out, including my best friend Danny Nixon who has been responsible for creating my website, along with my logo and putting it on buttons, shirts, and stickers.

Do you believe if you hadn’t run for mayor, all this drama would have been avoided? If so, would you make the same decision again
That's a very good question. It's very possible much of it could have been avoided. I feel that Davis Cauley had numerous issues, and seeing me in the spotlight angered him and brought those issues back out. I am very thankful to be where I am right now, nothing would have made me change my mind. You can try to use my family as leverage, as I believe he did, but you will never win.

What can you tell us about your parents?  How did their passing affect your family beyond you stepping in as a parent?
My dad worked for a global networking company and was gone much of the time, but when he was around he was fun, loving and supportive. My mom held different jobs over the course of her life, but for the most part was a stay at home mom, who loved us and looked after us. There are really no words to describe when your parents are taken from you at any age. It was a senseless tragedy that neither of us will probably ever really get through. You just deal with it, and go on with life, try to make it the best way you know how.

What are your plans once everything settles down and is straightened out?  Can there for a normal future for your family?
Define normal. Every family has their ups and downs, and there's no arguing that my family has definitely seen what can only be described as a harsh reality. It's not every day you discover the little sister you raised from the age of 13, has an alter personality. As for plans once this unfolds, and gets ironed out, it certainly calls for a vacation for us Barnes.

Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
 I would like to thank everyone who has supported me and my family so far. I know we have certainly given people something to talk about, and we still have a long road ahead of us. As mayor of Springwood, I fully intend to prove that the voters will not regret putting me in office

Thanks for stopping by today!


No comments:

Post a Comment