Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Character Interview with Annalyn from Sins of the Father by Krystal Milton


1) Can you tell what your childhood was like before your mom was sick?
My childhood was very happy before my mother became ill. There were lots of hugs and kisses. She would braid my hair; swing me on the wooden swing my Father attached to our weeping willow tree in his garden. There were lots of home cooked meals, her favorite past time was cooking.
2) How has life changed since she was diagnosed and has progressively gotten worse?
We were very close my mother and I while I was growing up, her illness has been like a divider between us. But the distance forged between us was not because I do not remember that love, it is because I can no longer feel it. She can’t express herself as she would like. There are no more hugs or sounds of laughter. All conversation between us is one sided because of the inflammation in her throat that makes it difficult for her to talk. We all suffer from her illness because of the lack of expression. While I do try and continue showing love and caring for her, its harder for me because I need my mother and she cant be there for me as I would like.
3) What was the first thing you thought when you first heard the accusations against your father?
I didn’t believe them. My father has never given me a reason to fear him or think terribly of him. So as these accusations were thrown at him, it was in my mind at first, undeniably false.
4) If you try to clear your mind of everything good you know about your father, is there anything from the past that may hint of him being guilty?
No. While I do not spend every minute with my father I cant say I can recall anything that would give me pause enough to be concerned. If he was guilty of committing any sin, he did so outside of the house and kept it very well hidden. This is why these accusations are so bizarre to me.
5) How has the public's reaction toward you changed since your father was accused?
For one, the constant Media attention is mind boggling. I am a very private person. Now my family’s name is all over television, the reports camped outside our house, they followed me to my Aunts house. We cant really use the telephone because they are constantly calling, and oh I should not forget to mention I am being stalked by a victims family member.
6) In this time of extremely stressful situations, how do you relieve your tension that must be mounting?
I’ve cried. At first I had been able to confide in my family because they have been there every step of the way. Its more horrible for my mother than myself. She cant express how hurt she is or vent. She can only cry silent tears.
7) Do you have any other family you turn to at the moment?
When my father was first arrested we stayed with my Aunt Philina and her family. My Uncle Jed has flown out to be with us, and my best friend/cousin Constance is a riot to be around. I just hope that they will stay by our sides as we forge through all this turmoil.
8) Had you heard much or gave much thought to the Potomac Creek serial killer until your father was accused?
I actually had no clue who or what that was about. Detective Harsen the arresting officer had been very surprised I had no idea a serial killer had been lurking around for twenty-six years. To be honest, I have been so absorbed in my life and my mothers health I didn’t really pay much attention to life outside my front door or on the outside of going ot school and working part time.
9) What is the greatest lesson you have learned in life?
Life is precious. Seeing my mother suffer so much throughout our lives has taught me this. I cherish each moment I am given with her, who knows what the future will hold for us now.
10) Is there anything else you would like to tell us?
There is so much I have left unsaid because there is so much to tell. But I made sure to record it all; I made sure I left nothing out in my story. And I would love to share that with my readers. I hope they can understand my plight and learn from my experiences.




No comments:

Post a Comment